Receive My Aid

Receive My Aid

The below information will hopefully provide you with a solid understanding of the process and timing for disbursing aid to your student account. Of course, if you ever have any questions about your financial aid, please contact our office.

  • Census and Enrollment Status

    • Census is the date on which the university’s enrollment is finalized for a semester. It is the 12th class day of each fall and spring semester and the 4th class day in July for the summer semester. All hours and majors are considered frozen on this date for financial aid purposes.

    • For financial aid purposes, your aid eligibility is based on the courses that count toward your degree. The courses considered to be counting toward your degree are based on both:

      • Your enrollment as of the semester census date
      • Your major, minor and concentration (as defined in your curriculum record) as of the semester census date

      If on the census date your enrollment status (e.g. full-time, half-time, etc.) is lower than what you previously indicated to our office, your financial aid cost of attendance will be reduced and prorated based on your actual enrollment. Such a reduction may result in your becoming ineligible for financial aid that you have already received. As a result, you will be required, as set forth by federal regulations, to repay the aid for which you are no longer eligible.

      Repayment of funds may happen after you have received your financial aid disbursement. Please be aware that if you have already received a refund, you may be responsible for using that refund to pay any university charges on your account.

      So be sure your enrollment is correct by the census date. Also, make sure your major, minor and concentration are correct well before the semester census date.

    • Your enrollment status (i.e., full-time, half-time, etc.) for financial aid purposes is determined by the number of hours in which you enroll and that count toward your degree during a semester. To determine the enrolled hours that equate to a particular enrollment status, visit the University Registrar’s Office (see the chart at the bottom of the page). Please note that post-baccalaureate teacher certificate students adhere to undergraduate enrollment status determinations.

  • Disbursement of Aid